Sunday, 6 November 2011

Don't blog for ages...

Then all of a sudden 3 come along.

Ah well, the nature of blogging I suppose! Sometimes we have something to say, and other times there just isn't anything.

Today I could well moan a bit, so apologies in advance to anyone who might read this.

Yesterday, after my teaching, I got the ferry over to Arran, as I have gotten used to doing, except it was a beautifully smooth sailing and I even had a little snooze :) When I got there, we headed back to the flat to wait for the bonfire and fireworks display to start, which was great. They were selling soup and bread, hot dogs, cakes, all kinds of tasty treats and it was just so nice to get something warm cause it was pretty cold. Following this, we were going to a "Vegas" party in the pub next to the flat for a 30th birthday. It was going really well, until Ken started acting a total dafty and was so hilarious that I totally laughed my butt off, then coughed til I was blue in the face and threw up right there on my hand/arm and the table. If only it was possible for the ground to open up.

This totally put a damper on my mood after that, the whole night I felt so embarrassed, as the girl sitting next to me got up and walked away, probably thinking I was a right drunken state even though I'd only had 2 glasses of wine at that point. All I wanted was a little bit of comfort, but Marianne (James' flat mate) wouldn't even look at me as I desperately tried to clean myself off without making even more mess, and James just kinda looked at me as if to say "well, what do you expect me to do?".

I can totally deal with things like that happening at home, where nobody can see me and it's just another thing that happens from time to time, but for it to be so public was just bloody embarrassing (and I've had horrible heartburn ever since too!)

Anyway, I got really pissed off at about 2am cause by that point I was desperate for bed, but nobody would let me leave as it was a "lock in". Not for me it wasn't, I was quite rude about it actually but I just wanted to curl up in bed and sleep. I managed to get up to the flat where James left me on my own and went back to the pub (fine by me, cause I was just going to sleep anyway) and apparently they never got in til after 4am.

So I came home today, had a right good cry on the drive from Ardrossan ferry terminal to my house then had to go and suffer another pantomime rehearsal. It's going really well but I'm fed up of the songs now!

I know there will be lots of people out there who know how it feels to be embarrassed by your own body. I just needed a bit of a rant.

Hope everyone is well x


  1. :( *hugs*

    That must have been horrible for you. I've done that too and it's so embarrassing at the time. Now I can laugh at it.

    It was something out of your control, there was nothing you could have done to change or prevent that from happening. Hold your head high. If they were all out until 4am, chances are none of them will remember what happened anyway!

    Lots of love and I promise you, it has happened to a lot of us reading this.


  2. I did that loads of times before transplant so humiliating, the least other people could do is make it into less of a deal than it was!!

    Hope you're ok xx

  3. oh dear, I once was waiting for a taxi in the cold after a few drinks and puked on my scarf and my friend stood and pointed and laughed at me, not nice!
    Im not usually sick that much, its usually wee problems I have...!