Pages

Tuesday 30 March 2010

work

I spoke to 1 of the senior practitioners at work today. He allocates my shifts each month for me, so I thought he'd be a good person to start with. I asked him what he thought my chances were of getting a transfer into 1 of the offices, and also who I could speak to to find out more about transferring. So, basically, I am going to speak to head of HR about whether it's even possible/if there are any vacancies at the moment and see what she says! I think they must be able to transfer me, cause they put all the pregnant women in the office, regardless of experience, as it's too dangerous for them to work on the floor. I worked in a bank and in a call centre so surely that counts as having office experience? I can use all the office programmes and have an excellent telephone manner *haha*

If nothing comes from that then hopefully I'll find something else.

In the meantime, he's gonna try and accomodate me a bit better. Let me away at 8pm whenever it's suitable and try and offer the 11 - 7 shifts to me if I'm available for either an early or a late shift. I just explained that obviously I'm not doing as well as I was when I started the job, and that I get really tired working shifts. Having to get up early to do meds etc before an early shift (which starts at 7.15am!) is just not on, and getting home at 10.45pm after a late shift is hardly ideal either. The days are too long and I'm too tired for it.

I don't particularly want to stop working on the floor, I really enjoy working with the guys most of the time, but it's not easy. Having my hair pulled and being slapped etc has lost it's edge! haha. No harm to the boys, they really are amazing and they can't help how they act, but it really does get to you after a while.

Ah well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment