Pages

Friday 18 June 2010

running etc.

Or should I change that to "trying to run etc"

I'm no good at running. I can walk well but often get breathless when trying to talk, so you can imagine me trying to jog never mind run lol. I think it's mainly because I've become rather unfit over the last couple of years as opposed to lung function cause my FEV1 was over 100% at last visit. Either way, I can't run!! I'm getting better each time I try but it's gonna take a long time. On my first solo excursion to the gym I managed 2 minutes at 7.5km/h and I was DYING! I could not have felt less fit lol. Next time I got up to 3 minutes and felt a lot better, and then I made it up to 5 minutes but by that stage I was really pushing it and I thought I was gonna have a youtube moment and collapse on the treadmill lol. I forced myself through the last minute, which maybe wasn't a good idea, cause my legs were like jelly and my heart rate was over 170...but hey ho, gotta get there somehow. I'm making up for it today cause my legs are in absolute agony and I'm knackered. Lets hope that the last 3 visits haven't been in vain and I can get to the 4/5 minute mark again on Monday.

I've been getting palpitations again a few hours after each gym session, but no point in worrying about them cause apparently my heart is fine. I also read something today which suggested that a lot of nasal drainage can cause palpitations cause it drains into the lungs and they have a little spasm which knocks the heart, which then has it's own little spasm...who knew! If it's true, that is. I do have a stupid amount of nasal drainage.

I went to my old school's summer concert tonight. It was my sisters last one, and she's the last in the family! My mum has been a proud parent and supporter for 13 years, I think she's more upset about it than Sarah is lol. Anyway, how times change! It's nothing like what it was when I was in the band/choir. We had spotlights and PA systems and it was on for 2 nights and you couldn't get tickets they sold so quickly...tonight the hall wasn't even half full and there was only 1 singer and she never even got a mic. I was seriously shocked cause they were all brilliant and the wind band sounded great. They've started doing school shows again though so everyone goes to see them instead and the band concert is just a last minute thing. I feel bad for the kids, not getting the utterly amazing experience that I had. I lived and breathed the band throughout my whole time in school, and loved every concert. I loved singing solos and playing solo piano pieces and being in the wind band was awesome! We went to Florida and I sang in the 3 choirs. We played in the Royal Concert Hall and travelled all over playing in competitions and festivals. I just think it's a shame for all the kids who are talented and could get somewhere with music...they are missing out on so much! Needless to say, big Nige, our conductor, isn't at the school any more, and the head teacher always hated the band. Nige was a scary man, but he was amazing at his job and I cried when I left the band lol...but then I was always a total music geek!

It occurred to me the other day that no matter what I eat, or how much I eat, I bloat after it. I'm sick of this bloated, gassy tummy and want it to stop!! I'm also wantin to cut out my tongue so that I don't have to feel it all coated and drying up on me all the time lol. I can't really complain about those silly little things though, there are much worse things in this world than a fat belly and dry tongue.

2 comments:

  1. I have so much admiration for you doing this!! I'm shocking at running. I can manage about 40 seconds at 7.5 and then I'm puffing and panting and coughing so much I can hardly stand up. I get palpitations a lot too! Weird! My sinuses are crappy too- maybe there is a link!
    I love summer concerts! Purs are never sold out anymore either :( The only time is was full recently was when they served minced pies and mulled wine for free at the interval!! Yay for music geek!! You and me both :) I hope these palpitaions settle down. I hate feeling my heart beating!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! oh, I'm terrible at running too, it's really hard, but I'm definitely getting better, just taking a while lol. drinking my way through a bottle of lucozade sport seems to help! I get palpitations when I'm running too, but I've had scans etc and been told it's just one of those things so I just ignore them unless they start getting stupid :)

    love being a music geek! :D xx

    ReplyDelete