Pages

Wednesday 5 January 2011

2011

happy new year! I know it's a bit late, but nevermind.

Reading all the blogs I read and seeing everybody posting their hopes for 2011 on facebook and such like has obviously got me thinking about the year to come and the year that has just ended.

2010 was different. My Gran passed away which left the whole family with mixed emotions. She was quite a challenging woman and alienated a lot of people, but she also loved us all...just didn't know how to show it. My older cousins and I all felt guilty about not making more of an effort to have a better relationship with her...my younger cousins and my brothers/sister didn't know her in the same way and I don't really know what they felt...strange and sad times.

I have been extremely lucky healthwise over the years, as will be clear to most, but 2010 saw some unexpected changes for me on that front. Nothing major but some new bugs and a hospital admission, meeting the diabetes team (but thankfully no insulin yet!) as well as a really crappy tummy and chest changes. My last sample of 2010 was clear apparently but it never seems to go with how I feel...each clear sample I've had I've been shocked by. BUT, can't complain!

I also had a couple of nice breaks away with James, got a kitten (yay!) and had some nice social engagements, although there could have been more of them. I met some lovely and inspirational people and also met some right bums. I started piano teaching again and am hoping that this will begin to grow in the coming year, but I'd also like a new job to go along with it. Nothing wrong with my care job really but it's sooooo tiring working shifts!

2011 will see me potentially uprooted when James starts his probationary year as a secondary English teacher. It will probably see us the poorest we've ever been when he leaves uni but isn't yet working...and that's an achievement as we've been pretty damn poor over the last 6 months.

So many things have happened that I can't even pull to the front of my mind at the moment, and so many things have yet to happen that I'm sure I couldn't even try to imagine.


I hope everyone has a great 2011!

1 comment:

  1. Happy new year to you too! Hope 2011 is a great year for you xx

    ReplyDelete