Pages

Friday 4 February 2011

eventful day

Well, if you really can call it that. Normally, eventful makes me think of good things, but not so much today! I'm not gonna dwell on it, there was nothing really that could have been done, happened in a flash. Today, I got my first work injury that needed a trip to A&E. I've been scratched, punched, kicked, had my hair pulled, been chased and nearly had an asthma attack as a result...all kinds of things, but today I got my first hard head butt. God, never again, please. Thankfully, I didn't pass out, I wasn't sick and I only have a mild concussion. It sounds awful obviously, but you have to understand that the people we support don't understand the consequences of their actions, and often when the become anxious or upset they injure themselves or other people. I just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Anyway, I've been really tired since Monday. I woke up and couldn't really get a breath in, and after refusing an antibiotic at clinic on Thursday, I wished I'd just taken something. But yeh, a few physio sessions and inhaler puffs later and I felt a bit better, but wasn't great at night. My chest hasn't been so bad since but I've had awful headaches and just been feeling really tired and run down.

On the teaching front, I started another new student yesterday, I have somebody hopefully coming for a taster lesson soon (I think she's too young, just turned 6, but will give her a chance!) and I'm still trying to organise something for the young girl with autistic spectrum disorder :) happy (and busy) days!

hope most of you are well, and thinking about all of you who aren't so well! hopefully you'll all feel better soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment